Q: Can I use PythonAnywhere with QuotaGuard Static IP's?
PythonAnywhere can present a problem for our usual QGTunnel/Procfile solution because it doesn't allow users to run their own binaries, so we created a monkey patch solution that has worked for quite a few customers.
Here is an example using MySQL and some pips we selected for the patch. If you already have other pips setup, please contact our Support if this solution doesn't work so we can figure out a way to make it work for you.
Our test: Tested to work with Python 3 using mysql-connector-python through PySocks
1. Download https://github.com/quotaguard/pymysql-example.
2. Please read the README.md file for details on how to use the test application.
3. Install the pips in the requirements.txt file:
pip install -r requirements.txt
4. Setup the environment variables QUOTAGUARDSTATIC_URL or QUOTAGUARDSHIELD_URL from the quotaguard dashboard.
For example: http://username:email@example.com:9293
NOTE: HTTP and SOCKS URL's are fine, app.py will handle either.
5. Setup your database connection environment variable DATABASE. For example: mysql://username:firstname.lastname@example.org:3306/database-name
6. Run the application:
If this doesn't work, just write us here. We'll figure it out for you so you can get running.
If you have questions, or if this solution doesn’t work or fit your use case, please reach out to us at Support
so we can help figure it out with you.
Working with sensitive data, like HIPAA, Financial, or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
Then you will want to check out our QuotaGuard Shield solution, it's the same as QuotaGuard Static, but with stronger end to end security for your requests. We can also help migrate current Static customers to Shield for free, just reach out to us at Support to request assistance.