Setting up a Static Dedicated IP address that can connect to HTTPS.
1. Submit a request to our Support to be transferred to a dedicated proxy. (this is offered to any customer on Enterprises plan and above)
Please help us by letting us know if you have an inbound service already configured, as inbound dedicated setup needs to be configured manually.
2. After a team member from Support emails you that your dedicated proxy has been set up, change your QUOTAGUARDSTATIC_URL configuration variable to match the HTTP URL found in the dashboard.
Inbound proxies on QuotaGuard Static uses SSL termination, which is a "bring-your-own" type of certificate setup. There are three ways to setup QuotaGuard Static for Inbound Proxy HTTPS traffic:
- Use the getstatica.com URL we automatically provide you. You will find the URL in your account subscription dashboard. This uses our certificates and then forwards the request onto your Heroku site.
- Set up a custom domain in our dashboard and upload the SSL certificates for your domain. Then point your DNS for that domain to a CNAME for the getstatica.com URL provided to you. (This needs to be completed before moving to a dedicated setup)
- Switch your subscription to QuotaGuard Shield, which uses SSL Passthrough, so there is no need to set up any certificates with QuotaGuard. QG Shield will use the SSL certificate at the final destination (Heroku) (which many users just utilize the Heroku ACM).
3. If you receive an error message when setting everything up, follow the steps below.
- Run heroku certs:auto:refresh
- Remove the ACM for the domain on Heroku
- Create a new ACM record on Heroku
- Send us the DNS Target to QuotaGuard Support
4. If it continues to fail, go to https://tools.heroku.support/dns
5. If it's still an issue, reach back out to us at Support and we'll help figure out what the problem is and how to fix it for you.
If you have questions, or if this solution doesn’t work or fit your use case, please reach out to us at Support
so we can help figure it out with you.
Working with sensitive data, like HIPAA, Financial, or Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
Then you will want to check out our QuotaGuard Shield solution, it's the same as QuotaGuard Static, but with stronger end to end security for your requests. We can also help migrate current Static customers to Shield for free, just reach out to us at Support to request assistance.